Let’s look at QuickBooks Error Code C=343 and how it can be solved.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=343
QuickBooks Error Code C=343 occurs when data is corrupted, and users try to open the company file.
The problem can be solved using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) feature that makes data recovery possible
Before recovering data with QB ADR, the following should be kept in mind:
- Only QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise Solutions for Windows have the ADR feature. QB Accountants Edition can’t use this feature.
- The file size limit for ADR is 1.5 GB. If the backup size is bigger than this limit, QB won’t generate an ADR file.
- For using the the feature to its maximum, QB must be updated.
- The solutions must be performed in the given order.
Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
This feature should only be used after other troubleshooting steps have been tried.
ADR recovers the lost file via the following:
- It restores the lost transactions with the current Transaction Log file and a copy of the company file.
- It restores all the transaction hours, except the last few, with a copy of the company file and Transaction Log file.
Recovering recent transactions with the original .TLG file with .QBW .adr file
- First a new folder called QBTest must be created on the computer’s desktop.
- Now, the folder containing the company file must be opened.
NOTE: The company file’s location can be found from the Product Information screen (by pressing F2 or Ctrl + 1) and the No Company Open window.
- Next, the .tlg file must be found in the folder. It will have the same name as the company file.
- If the .tlg file can’t be found, the following must be done:
- First, press Windows + E for opening the File Explorer. Then, select Organize, followed by Folder and Search Options.
- For Windows 8/8.1/10: Choose View and then File Name Extension.
- Now, choose Hide Extensions for Known File Types, then select Apply and OK.
- Next, the .tlg file corresponding to the company file must be copied and pasted in the QBTest folder.
- Now, the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder must be opened; it will be in the same location as the company file. The .QBW.adr file must be copied and pasted in the QBTest folder. There should now be a .QBW.adr and .tlg file in the QBTest folder.
- Now, after right-clicking on the .QBW.adr file, choose Rename and then delete “.adr”.
- Now QuickBooks must be opened and then the company file that’s saved in the QBTest folder. The account register must be use for verifying that all transactions are present.
- For checking the data integrity of the recovered file, users must choose File-> Utilities->Verify Data in the top left.
- If the copy of the company file is working, the damaged company file can be moved to another location and the copy can be transferred from the QBTest folder to the original location.
There are other types of solutions too. If you are still unable to fix the problem, please call our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number 1800-797-5219.