This article is about the QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool and its uses. QuickBooks is a set of software for managing payroll, inventory, sales and other accounting functions of small and medium-sized companies.
It can be used for monitoring expenses, creating invoices and reports, tracking change orders and job statuses, and managing inventory, customers, vendors and employees. QuickBooks can be customised for companies across a wide range of industries.
QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool helps users in sling undefined errors that occur while opening a company file (.qbw and .tlg) when working in a multi-user setup. The QB Network Connection Diagnostic Tool can also solve networking errors and multi-users errors when a company file is being accessed.
The tool is particularly is helpful in solving H series errors and 6000 series errors in QuickBooks, such as 6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, and 6000 304. It provides connectivity among QuickBooks Desktop, QB Database Manager and QuickBooks company records.
The QB Network Connection Diagnostic Tool can be downloaded and run to solve errors that occur when QuickBooks Desktop is installed. The tool is also known as QBNetDiagTool.exe and QBServerUtilityMgr.exe.
The following issues can also be solved using the tool:
- QuickBooks cannot connect to the database
- Users are unsure about the firewall port that must be opened
- There are connectivity issues with QB Database
Using the QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool
First, users must download and extract the QB Network Connection Diagnostic Tool as outlined in the Download the Device tab. Then, they must double-click on the tool icon for running the device. Next, these troubleshooting steps must be taken:
Diagnose Connection Tab
The Diagnose Connection tab allows users to test the setup of their computers so that they can check that the data file can be accessed from a computer; the computer can be set up as single or multi-user. In case the permissions have been set up incorrectly or the firewall and ports are blocked, errors could occur.
Status of Firewall
General instructions/information related to the firewall are displayed in the Firewall Status section.
Users can check their computers’ connectivity in the Test Connectivity section.
Testing the connectivity of the computer
Users must first select the button that is located next to the Company File field to search the company file. In Linux systems, if the network setup is in Alternate mode users must select the Change Hosting Server checkbox.
NOTE: Prior to running the connectivity test, all statuses are seen as ‘Not Applicable’ in blue.
- After the test has been run, the status is shown in green, which means no problem was detected or red, which indicates that problems have been detected.
- Once this is done, the Test Connectivity button must be chosen.
- In case the File Open Status is displayed in red, it indicates that the test was not successful. In such a case, the Advanced section will display all the areas that had been checked. Users should then select ‘What Do These Mean?’
- After the relevant statuses have been fixed, the QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool must be run again to find out if there are any other issues.
- Once the “File Open Status: Successful” message is displayed in the server, all the above steps must be repeated on every computer where QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
- The QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool has been set up to figure out and fix any issues with the following components automatically:
Microsoft .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML
First solution: The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool must be run for fixing Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ problems.
Second solution: Users must try to complete a Windows Update for installing any updates that are missing for Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML and C++.
Third solution: Users can try to fix issues with Microsoft components manually
Fourth solution: Users can try to install QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode.
For further information/help related to the QuickBooks Network Connection Diagnostic Tool, please contact our Accountingissue QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number 1800-797-5219. The Accountingissue helpdesk personnel are available 24X7 to provide assistance on any QuickBooks-related issue.