Sage 50 is accounting software that can handle all the communications related to your business and can provide a comprehensive aid in the running of a company. The serial number and the activation code provided help in activating the software and incorporate it into the system, to make it a worthwhile venture. While handling this software, there may be certain sage 50 printer not activated error code 30 displayed while printing an email, document or reports, such as:
Sage 50 Printer not activated Error Code 30 for windows 7, 8 and 10, or after updating the windows to the windows 10 version.
Such errors may be due to the incompatibility issues arising out of outlook 2006 or incorrect settings on the Sage 50 email writer. Although consulting the Sage customer support team can resolve the issue swiftly, you can also try the below-mentioned steps to connect Sage 50 software to the printer. The resolution might work differently for each version of windows. Follow the steps relevant to your version of windows to resolve the issue.
The Sage 50 Printer not activated error code 30 is a printer error which occurs in the Microsoft Windows operating system, generally Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. It can also occur when you are emailing an invoice or a report. You receive this error notification on your screen.
Sage 50 Printer not Activated Error Code 30
This error is sometimes caused due to the Amyuni Document Converter which is mostly used for the Sage 50-U.S. Edition 2013. This converter is not compatible with the Microsoft Windows 8. The document converter is used for version 2016 and earlier it was not compatible with Microsoft Windows 10. The other reasons for this error may be the errors with the SPLWOW64.EXE after the printing. The users may also encounter this error while using MS Outlook 2016 and Sage 2016 or any previous versions. If the Sage 50 users are facing such issues, they can get in touch with the agilesagesupport by calling them on their toll free number 1800-797-5219.
The users should keep in mind that the Microsoft Outlook 2016 is not compatible with the certain versions of the Sage 50 software like the Sage 50 US versions 2016 or the previous versions of it. Also, MS Outlook 2016 32-bit version is only compatible with the Sage 50 US version 2018 and the higher versions of the Sage available. And to resolve the printer error code 30, you can try out the following steps:
- Now login as an administrator and run both the programs i.e. Sage 50 and the email.
- Now you have to run Repair on the Sage 50 software after removing the Email Writer.
- There are different methods for each Sage versions for printer and driver setting in the control panel.
- Now you have to remove all the damaged .PTR files from your Forms folder.
- Now create a new Windows user profile on your system and verify your email under the new profile.
Even after trying the above methods to resolve the error, you are not satisfied with the outcome or you are having some troubles while working on the Sage 50 accounting software. So, you can instantly get in touch with the customer support of Sage, i.e. you can call on the toll free number 1800-797-5219 or visit their website for further assistance.
Sage 50 Error Code 30 For Windows XP, 7 & Vista
To begin with, disable the user account control, or UAC to proceed. Also, it is important to note that office 2016, 365, Office click-to-run or the Office Starter cannot connect Sage 50 to the printer, and are incompatible. Install a suitable email program to activate printing option in Sage 50 software.
Step – 1
- Email or print a standard report or a balance sheet.
- If the Error 30 appears immediately after the ‘PRINT’ or ‘EMAIL’ command is given, then try Step – 2.
- If you are able to print the standard forms such as a balance sheet or a report, then the problem is with a specific report you are trying to print.
Step – 2
- If Error 30 appears as soon as the command for Print is given, then close Sage 50 software.
- Select ‘ START’ and click on the ‘DEVICES AND PRINTERS’ in the control panel of your computer
- Check if the Sage Email Writer is set as a ‘DEFAULT PRINTER’. If so, then set the regular printer you are using as ‘DEFAULT’ and unclick the Sage 50 (as default – it should not be selected as a default)
- Also, while giving the ‘PRINT’ command, do not pick Sage Email Writer as a printer. The sage 50 printer not activated error code 30 message will appear if done so.
Step – 3
- Another solution that can be applied is to change the port as well as permissions for the Email writer.
- Close Sage 50 Software
- Select START, DEVICES, and PRINTERS
- Right-click on ‘SAGE 50 EMAIL WRITER and select ‘PRINTER PROPERTIES’
- Click on the ‘SECURITY’ tab, and select ‘EVERYONE’ if it is not listed under Group or as usernames. Click ADD<ADVANCED<FINDNOW<EVERYONE<ADD
- Click ‘FULL CONTROL’ for all the listed users and groups
- Click on PORTS <ADD PORT<LOCALPORT<NEWPORT
- Enter the name ‘PDF1′ for the list of ports
- And then click ‘CONFIGURE’
- On Configure, select ‘240’ as transmission retry
- Click on ADVANCED < SPOOLPRINTDOCUMENTS<ENABLE ADVANCED PRINTING FEATURES<PRINT DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER
- Select APPLY<OK
- Now, restart your computer before checking if the Sage 50 Printer not activated Error code 30 appears again
Also, remember to update your version of windows to the latest or the Microsoft Office to the recent version before proceeding.
Alternatively, you can also try installing a new windows profile, and set up the email account under that new user profile to resolve the error. If this process has not resolved the issue, call up our Sage technical support team on +1-800-797-5219 for effectively resolving the issue. The Sage technical support team is available 24×7 and can find out the problem from their end, to ensure you have an uninterrupted use of your Sage 50 accounting software.
sage 50 printer not activated error code 30 For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users
Error code displayed: PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED ERROR CODE 30 for windows 8, 8.1 & 10
The cause of the error may be due to different versions of document converter driver used for both Sage 50 2013 edition and Windows 8 or 10. Since the document converter of Sage 50, 2013 edition is incompatible with Windows 8 or 10, the following resolution can help out in resolving the issue successfully. (Similarly, the Microsoft Outlook users may find the 2016 version not compatible with the Sage 50 versions that are earlier than 2016 issue. )
Step – 1 Running as Administrator
- To begin with, close the ‘Email program’ and ‘Sage 50’ software.
- Right-click on the Sage 50 software, and click ‘PROPERTIES’
- Click on ‘COMPATIBILITY < CHANGE SETTINGS FOR ALL USERS’
- Click ‘RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR’ box, and click ‘OK’ to ‘APPLY’ the changes
- Now, click on the ‘EMAIL PROGRAM’ icon (outlook or any other) and repeat the steps b, c & d.
- Once done, OPEN both the Sage 50 software program and Email.
- Check if the email can be printed without error. If the error still persists, then proceed to the next step.
Also, for Windows 10, you may not find the ‘COMPATIBILITY TAB’ on the properties window. For Windows 10 users, click on ADVANCED tab under SHORTCUT, and click ‘RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR’ and click ‘OK’ to make the necessary changes.
If the error 30 appears despite performing the above steps, try the below-mentioned steps to repair Sage 50 by removing the Email writer.
- Close Sage 50 software.
- Click WINDOWS+R and enter ‘CONTROL’ and ‘OK’
- Click on ‘DEVICES AND PRINTERS’
- Select ‘REMOVE DEVICE’ by right-clicking on the ‘SAGE 50 E-MAIL WRITER VERSION 3’
- Click on any ‘AVAILABLE PRINTER<PRINT SERVER PROPERTIES<DRIVERS<AMYUNIDOCUMENTCONVERTER450<REMOVE.
- Again, select REMOVE DRIVER AND DRIVER PACKAGE < OK
- Now, go back to the ‘PRINT SERVER PROPERTIES <DRIVER<AMYNUIDOCUMENTCONVERTER300 OR 500 <REMOVE DRIVER AND DRIVER PACKAGE < OK. (the converter 300 & 500 may or may not exist on your computer. If it is available, remove then)
- Once done, run ‘REPAIR FOR SAGE’
- Also, press WINDOWS + R <Type CONTROL<OK
- Click on ‘DEVICES AND PRINTERS and select SAGE 50 EMAIL WRITER V3 by right-clicking on it. Click on PRINTER PROPERTIES
- From the printer properties, click on PORTS < NEW PORT
- Type PDF1 for the port name, and click OK to select
- Click on ‘ADVANCED’ <ENABLE ADVANCED PRINTING FEATURES<APPLY
- Once done, click on ‘PRINT DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER <APPLY < CLOSE
When you are done with the above-mentioned changes, reboot the computer, before trying to print an email. The resolutions for Error 30 does not just depend upon the windows version, but also on the Sage 50 version used by any user. Hence, try the resolutions appropriate to the version, or call in the Sage tech support team for finding a solution for this issue.
What is accountingissue.com?
Sometimes when the Sage customer support’s server is down and you are having some trouble with the Sage 50 software, in that situation you can also contact the Accountingissue. They are the third party consultancy who provide solutions for the sage related problem. For our assistance, you just have to dial our toll free number 1800-797-5219. We are available 24*7 to provide our expert opinion on the Sage related problems.
Sage 50 is a versatile software that is completely dependable and reliable. Errors, however, are a part and parcel of any software, due to various reasons such as compatibility issues, updates, operating system related errors and so on. It is best to approach the Sage customer support team on +1800-797-5219 for any issues like sage 50 printer not activated error code 30 pertaining to the software to ensure the program gives maximum benefit to the users.