The upgrading from sage 50 2017 to sage 50 2018 imbibes several big updates with a round-up of intricate updates lined for its users. It takes a significant leap towards introducing a considerably fresh user interface unleashed in last 10 years or so. Here’s a take on what the new version has in the offing!
User Interface : The user interface that is tweaked significantly to work better on high resolution monitors. The monochrome themes and colors with ample white backgrounds and neatly aligned icons flatly placed with a downward arrow throws open the remaining features thus making it perform well on different screen sizes.
Error corrections improvised : When you upgrade to Sage 50 2018 from Sage 50 2017 you can get ease of editing journals, tracking un-allocated credits or incorrect invoice posting, tracking the owner of an entry have all been made easier.
Improvised data analysis : Introduction to new columns and fields enable better data analysis with going thru the rigor of sourcing data from various parts of the software.
Quick access to aged debtors and creditors : The process of tracking delinquent payers and money due is streamlined for a better insight to cash flow. Instant Invoice Payments with “Pay Now” allows for invoice payments in a fast and secure manner. It allows for card payments directly from within the Sage 50 account.
Click to Pay : The Sage Payment Solutions includes an option for a payment link attached in the emailed invoices enabling customers to pay directly thru Debit / Credit cards or E-Check. The new version also gives an option turn it off or On for individual customer.
Sage Intelligence Reporting : With MS Office 365 Business Premium dashboard integrated into the system, it enables balance sheet or income statement formats to be included and allows reports to be built from scratch that can be exported to an Excel sheet.
Installing Sage 50 2018
Note : Sage 50 Version 2018.0 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Vista , Microsoft Windows XP or Server 2003.
Before installing :
- Always install on the server first
- Make all users exit sage while installing
- Close all programs
- Turn-off the anti-virus but leave the fire wall ON
- User Account Control (UAC) should be adjusted to minimum
- Use “Network Installation Manager” for installation on multiple PCs but it doesn’t work on wireless network.
- When installing using the downloaded Sage 50 installer, the Destination folder is where the install files will be extracted; this is not the program location.
- Verify that your data file permissions are set correctly. While operating in a domain environment, correct Windows permissions on the Peachtree Installer 2018 folder should be set in right order to run the installer manager correctly.
- Sage 50 Premium and Sage 50 Quantum Accounting are multi-user compatible however Sage 50 Pro is not.
Upgrade to Sage 50 2018
- The steps are applicable for upgrading from installed version is 2016 or later
- At the server – Open program and select Services – and select Check for Updates.
- Select “Check Now”
- Select Sage50_2018.0.0.Upgrade – Download
- After its Downloaded move to Install
Step II : Install
Installing on a standalone computer
- Select to install the requirements needed if a prompt is received
- On the Welcome screen, you can the PDF with the installation guide
- Turn off anti-virus and click Next
- Agree to the license agreement – Next
- Check the “Auto configure the Windows Firewall” to allow install and run Sage 50 – click Next
- Enter Serial number – then Next
- Select “Yes” to ” Is this the ONLY computer running Sage 50?” – then click Next
- Select location of program files and company data files – then click Install
- Complete the installation
Installing on a network
- At the server, View installation instructions/ Turn off anti-virus / Auto configure Firewall/ Enter Serial number remains the same.
- There is a slight difference here from – While prompted for “Will this be the ONLY computer running Sage 50?” select No – and then Next
- On the Sage 50 Company Data Files Storage screen – select “This computer is the server” – then Next
- On Sharing Company Data screen- select Share the Folder- then Next
- These sections shall be refereed separately
- “Folders to be shared and levels of access users need”
- “How to share data path folder”
- “Verify that the data file permissions are correctly set”
- Complete the installation – Open the program and activate
- Open each company – Allow the data to be converted to the new version
- Close the program – go to a workstation
- Note — Do not attempt to open the program before upgrading as it will break the activation process on the server
- Open Updates folder and double-click Sage 50 US_2018.0 Upgrade file
Upgrading to Sage 50 2018 from Sage 50 2017 edition has an array of benefits to users. Plus the added advantages of moving to the 2018 version is the automatic updates, access to comprehensive support and customized reporting solutions are some of the major initiative taken under the auto-renewing sage’s business plan.
Business owners can save time and money by better inventory/employees/customer management
Just in case you find upgrading to this newer version a daunting task. No worries our customer support team +1-800-797-5219 has ample experience in hand-holding you and taking the control over while providing a sage accounting solution to fixing up this new program in no time. You can rely on our expert advisers who have hundreds of hours handling support for such challenges and making the software use a breeze for our users. Just reach for us at our 24×7 support and leave the rest to us.